Today’s feature is a character from T. Elizabeth Guthrie’s novel, Irish Love. I have the pleasure of doing an interview with Sheamus. He’s a fascinating character. See for yourself.
Occupation: The Dagda
Age: Very old
1.What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Winning the love of my life
- What is your best physical feature?
According to my wife it’s my…
- What is your most treasured possession?
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- What is your favorite journey?
The trip we took down the coast of Ireland as I brought her home to County Kerry.
- What is your most marked characteristic?
My calm demeanor. My wife is laughing as I type that.
- Define happiness and share your happiest memory.
Happiness is coming home to a mate who loves me unconditionally. I spent most of my life alone, always having to watch what I said, what I did and with her I can be me. My happiest memory would have to be the night I married my mate, Tera.
- What is it that you most dislike?
A damned thief.
- What is your greatest fear?
Someone trying to take my mate from me.
- What is your greatest extravagance?
I love to collect stones. Namely ones that can transport you through time and space. They come in handy, since I live in both Mortalworld and Otherworld.
- Who do you most despise?
A damned thief.
- What is your greatest regret?
That I didn’t find Tera sooner so I could love her longer.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
I’m the Dagda. I can do anything and everything.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I have no deplorable traits. Again, my wife is laughing.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Who do you most admire?
My mate, Tera. She is amazing.
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
I have nothing for that one.
- Which words or phrases are you known for?
“Yes, Pet.” I say it to my wife all the time.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Nothing. I’m perfect. Why does she keep laughing?
- What is your motto?
Touch it and die!
About the Book:
She meets an Irish stranger on the plane, they strike up a conversation and talk the whole way. She tells him things she’s never told anyone else and a bond is formed.
Sheamus is so laid back and easy to talk to that before long she finds herself giving him her itinerary. He tells her that he can show her the real Ireland and to ditch her plans and go with him. She wonders how safe it would be and if she should.
By the time they land she’s made up her mind and they load her bags into his Jeep and start off. He’s true to his word and shows her things she’d never be able to see on her own.
However, he has an ulterior motive. She is everything he has ever wanted in a woman and he will stop at nothing to win her love, but first he has to help her get over the death of her husband and the guilt she’s carrying around.
Will he make her fall in love with him or will she come back to the States alone?
Purchase Link: https://www.amazon.com/Irish-Love-Falling-Serial-Novella-ebook/dp/B07GZWSXJW/