Name: Roxanne San Jose
Latest Release: Time Travel (April 15 2019)
Genre: Science Romance
- Has writing always been a passion of yours? Yes it does when I was inspired by reading books
- At what age did you begin to write seriously? When I was writing my self-published book, Annagram, in 2015
- What is your favorite genre to write and does that differ from the genre you like to read? Science Romance. It is different from the genre I like to read because it has conflict and twist
- Where does your inspiration to write come from? Reading books
- How does the generation you belong to impact your writing style, or does it? I want them to be entertain and inspired
6.What does your writing schedule look like in a typical week? After working in our slot machine business which is around 4/5pm PST, I answer emails, do podcast interviews (if I have any), do blog interviews/guest post, and marketing
- Are you a pantser or a plotter? Plotter
- Can you name an event in your life that has made the biggest impact on where you are today? Working in our family business because it inspires me to work hard in everything I do
- Do you think writers have better luck going the traditional or the self-publishing route? Whatever they think is right for their book.
- What are you working on right now? Marking my second book
- What do you find are the most effective means of promotion? Social Media
- What advice do you have for someone just beginning his or her journey into writing? Be creative and work hard
- What piece of fiction has made the biggest impact in your writing career and why? All the fiction books I read because it gave me a guide on how to write a book
- What final thoughts would you leave potential readers with? I hope they enjoy and be inspired with my books.
- What is your favorite story you’ve written/read? Tell us about it. Time Travel (my second book) because it pulls out the creativity in me. I love how Angelie is determine to find John.
- What three things must you have on hand to write? Paper, pen, laptop
- Where do you see yourself/your writing in 5 years? Writing more dreams
- Everyone has a dream mate. What’s yours look like? Do you ever expect to find him/her? Good-looking, smart and supportive
- If you could be anything other than what you are, what occupation would you choose? Politician
- What do you do to relax? Watching movies
Time Travel, a science fiction novel by Roxanne San Jose
Angelie Thompson invented a time machine in 2015 and her boyfriend, John Salvador, was accidentally transported back to 1970. Left with no other option, Angelie journeys through time, searching for John. Along the way, she encounters several adventures, meeting new people on her desperate search for her lover.
Meanwhile, stranded in 1970 and with no hope of ever returning back to his own time, John begins a new life, working as a receptionist in Lesti Hotel where he finds a new love, Elisha.
Conflict arises among the characters due to their complicated relationships and when disaster strikes, it’s up to Angelie to save the world with her time machine invention.
The tale of ‘Time Travel’ highlights love, determination and friendship.
The making of “Time Travel”
by Roxanne San Jose
About the Author
My name is Roxanne Angelie San Jose, I am born on September 26, 1989 in the Philippines and migrated in America at the age of 13. I graduated with a degree in Political Science in UNLV Class of 2012.
I love reading as it makes me relax and have a creative mind. My favorite authors are Dan Brown and Paulo Coelho.
Annagram is my first book.#FridayReads Meet Roxanne San Jose and read #TimeTravel today. #scifi #amreading Click To Tweet