CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE
This Taste of Home contest winner is one I’m looking forward to making regularly as spring and summer go in full bloom. I love that I can fix it quickly and that I can freeze it and it will still taste as good the next time. My family likes it too. I’m always ecstatic when I find a yummy recipe everyone in my family eats.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 12 ounces egg noodles (cooked and drained)
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, onion, peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheeses over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.