Spinach, Chicken, and Wild Rice Soup
Chunky’s got nothing on this soup. It doesn’t seem like much when you make it, but wait til you taste it! You talk about filling? I couldn’t even finish my bowl! This is really good, too. AND healthy. even for diabetics like me. You can’t beat that.
- 3 cups water
- 1 14– ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10-3/4- ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice (rinsed and drained*)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (crushed**)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach***
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine the water, broth, cream of chicken soup, uncooked wild rice, thyme, and pepper, chicken and spinach.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Serve.
*My store didn’t have wild rice so I bought a box of Long Grain Wild Rice original flavor and used the rice from the box, and added the seasoning packet to the crockpot, too. **I didn’t have any thyme, so I used italian seasoning and parsley. ***My fresh spinach wasn’t looking so fresh, so I used canned. Everything still came out delicious!