Manicotti Italian Casserole
As most people know, I am a HUGE pasta fanatic, so I will try most pasta dishes at least once, and if I like it, it makes it to Kitchen Smack. I like this one. I think you will too.
- 1 lb. Dreamfields carb smart penne pasta
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 32 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 4 dash cinnamon
- pinch of Emeril's Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sylvia's Secret Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. Mrs Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning
- thinly sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown beef and Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, adding seasonings to meat. With a slotted spoon, remove beef and sausage to a baking dish. Stir spaghetti sauce, onions and cooked pasta into the baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and add pepperoni over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Like this Whisper