The Master Class writing prompt.
One line feeds your imagination.
Welcome to class. I am your jolly writing prompt host, Professor Ayers. Each Monday, I will share a new writing prompt based on a line from a book. Just one line to feed your imagination. Can you move to the head of the class?
- You do not have to use the line in your story, but the idea based on the prompt should be clear.
- Prompt responses should be 200-1000 words, but any length is welcome.
- Please share the link back to the prompt in your responses.
- Please add a tag if there is explicit content in your story.
- Expect your links to be shared on social media.
I will chose one prompt response winner each week. Winner gets to choose the prompt for a future Master Class and gets an esteemed Master Class winner award. Only those links entered by the deadline will be eligible to win, but anyone can respond to the prompt at any time. I will still read and share it.
Your prompt for this week, April 30-May 4, is from the opening line of Sword of the Rightful King by Jane Yolen:
Reminder: If you want your story to be considered, please add the link to your post (not your blog url) in the comments below by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, May 11.