The Master Class writing prompt.
One line feeds your imagination.
Welcome to class. I am your jolly writing prompt host, Professor Ayers. Each Monday, I will share a new writing prompt based on a line from a book. Just one line to feed your imagination. Can you move to the head of the class?
Join Tara Roberts and Frank Montellano at the head of the class.
- You do not have to use the line in your story, but the idea based on the prompt should be clear.
- Prompt responses should be 200-1000 words, but any length is welcome.
- Please share the link back to the prompt (and this post) in your responses.
- Please add a tag if there is explicit content in your story.
- Expect your links to be shared on social media.
- Please keep it clean so anyone can enjoy it.
- You are welcome to drop your story in the comments if you don’t have a blog of your own. Same consideration will be given to every story regardless.
I will chose one prompt response winner each week. Winner gets to choose the prompt for a future Master Class and gets an esteemed Master Class winner award. Only those links entered by the deadline will be eligible to win, but anyone can respond to the prompt at any time. I will still read and share it.
Your prompt for this week, July 9-July 13 comes from Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs.
Reminder: If you want your story to be considered, please add the link to your post (not your blog url) in the comments below by 12:00 PM EST on Sunday, July 15.Ransom Riggs inspired #writing #prompt #MasterClassMonday Click To Tweet
Did you know The 13: Tales of Illusory has been nominated for All Author’s cover of the month contest? It’s currently in Round 2 and your vote will help it make Round 3. Will you please vote? You can vote once for each round, no registration or sign up required. Thank you for your support. It means the world to me!