This week’s spotlight goes to Author Chiquita Dennie, who also writes as Keke Dennie.
Interview with the Author:
Name: Chiquita Dennie
- Has writing always been a passion of yours? Yes, I started writing screenplays, and went to college for filmmaking, my first script is the basis for my first book series.
- At what age did you begin to write seriously? Twenty and in college.
- What is your favorite genre to write and does that differ from the genre you like to read? Favorite genre to write and read are Romantic Suspense, Drama.
- Where does your inspiration to write come from? Inspiration comes from everyday living, situations with friends.
- What does your writing schedule look like in a typical week? I usually write about three-Four hours a day. Separate from that is the marketing, social media and networking.
- Are you a pantser or a plotter? Panster
- Can you name an event in your life that has made the biggest impact on where you are today? The passing of my Aunt in 2011 is the most impactful. She’s one of the earliest people to support and encourage me to pursue my dreams. Not okay was she in the military, opened her own clothing store in Arizona called Wicked Wear, taught Yoga, gave back to the community in volunteering. So much more.
- Do you think writers have better luck going the traditional or the self-publishing route? I can’t really answer that question, because everyone’s route is different. I’m still learning as indie author and everyday something new happens. You have to do what’s best for yourself.
- What are you working on right now? I’m finishing up a book for January about an older woman and younger man called “Temptation,” a Contemporary Romance.
- What do you find are the most effective means of promotion? I network with other authors and social media is really effective if you’re consistent.
- What advice do you have for someone just beginning his or her journey into writing? Stay consistent and focus on the love of writing and understand you just want to do this for the money. About the love of writing and connecting with readers that love your characters.
- What final thoughts would you leave potential readers with? Final thoughts are that my books are very suspenseful, dramatic, and spicy. I say be prepared to go on a roller coaster ride.
- What is your favorite story you’ve written/read? Tell us about it. My favorite story that I wrote is my first series “Antonio and Sabrina Struck In Love” a 3 book series with a fourth one coming in 2019. A Mafia Romantic Suspense. Dealing with a alpha male and female clashing and falling in love, dealing with crazy ex’s and nonstop drama.
- What three things must you have on hand to write? Phone, music, and wine.
- Where do you see yourself/your writing in 5 years? Hopefully helping another fellow indie author learn the ropes and writing under books in multiple genres.
- Everyone has a dream mate. What’s yours look like? Do you ever expect to find him/her? My dream guy would be Jason Momoa
- If you could be anything other than what you are, what occupation would you choose? I would do something in community, maybe opening a non profit and helping women get back on there feet.
- What do you do to relax? I love to read, go to the beach and hang with my friends.
- Describe yourself in three words: Libra, Libra, Libra
- If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be, and why? I would have dinner with my Grandmother, she passed away in 2006. Having the opportunity to talk with her and let know what I’ve been up to since college. Speaking with my father before he passed away when I was younger.
Chiquita is an Author and Entrepreneur. Born in Memphis, TN, and currently a Los Angeles CA native. Her background in film/tv has taught and shaped her passion for writing with her debut romance novel Antonio and Sabrina Struck In Love. Since its debut, fans have embraced the unconventional love story of Sabrina Washington and Antonio De Luca making Antonio and Sabrina Struck In Love an Amazon Best Seller on the charts in Italian Drama, African American Drama. More to come from 304 Publishing Company a brand new home for indie authors. Also, follow her other Author page Keke Renee and catch her latest releases for Erotic, Dark, Paranormal Romance.Today's #spotlight is hot, hot, hot! Meet #romance #author Chiquita/Keke Dennie in this exclusive interview. Click To Tweet